RECIPE: Regan Porteous' deconstructed key lime pie with Tabasco green sauce and apple granite
Parlour Group's executive chef, Regan Porteous, shares with foodservice his recipe for deconstructed key lime pie with Tabasco green sauce and apple granite.
REGAN PORTEOUS' DECONSTRUCTED KEY LIME PIE WITH TABASCO GREEN SAUCE AND APPLE GRANITE
Baked cream cheese curd
1 kg cream cheese, at room temperature
525 g sugar
25 g cornflour
100 ml lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and cornflour. Next add the cream cheese and combine well. Once the mixture has been whisked to a smooth consistency, gradually add the lime juice. Place onto an oven tray, and bake until the core reaches 72°C. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Transfer to a piping bag and use as required.
250 ml thicked cream
50 g pure icing sugar
25 ml lime juice
- Place all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Beat together until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag, refrigerate and use as required.
Tabasco green sauce and apple granite
150 ml cloudy apple juice
150 ml ginger beer
25 ml tabaco green sauce
2 g green food colouring
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and combine well. Transfer to the freeze and chill solid. Shave when ready to use.
Macadamia nut crumb
250 g flour
125 g sugar
125 g butter, softened
100 g macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 65°C. Dry roast the macadamia nuts for 45 minutes. Allow to cool, then transfer to a food processor and pulse to until the nuts are broken down to tiny chunks.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix together until to a crumbly texture forms. Slow roast in the oven, until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle some macadamia nut crumb on a plate, and shave some Tabasco green sauce and apple granite on top. Carefully pipe the baked cream cheese curd and chantilly cream.