RECIPE: James Kummrow's chocolate and strawberry pizza
Head chef of Melbourne's Fatto Bar & Cantina, is celebrating World Chocolate Day (July 7) with a chocolate and strawberry pizza.
JAMES KUMMROW'S CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY PIZZA
Makes 1 pizza
150 g house-made pizza dough
8 marshmallows (size of 10 cent piece)
Valrhona 100% cocoa powder
5 large basil leaves, roughly torn
50 ml Mount Zero Frantoio extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375-400°C
- Stretch the dough to a spherical shape, roughly 13 cm in diameter.
- Whisk the Nutella with the Mount Zero Frantoio extra virgin olive oil until a consistency is reached that is easy to spread. This olive oil has a slightly piquant finish which helps cut through the sweetness. Coat the pizza dough.
- Wash and slice the strawberries, but not thin enough that they shrink too much when cooked. Sprinkle on top of the Nutella.
- Transfer the pizza base with the Nutella and strawberries to the oven, and cook until the dough is cooked and blistered. Once cooked, slice pizza into four slices. Garnish with the marshmallows and torn basil leaves. Sprinkle with the Valrhona 100% cocoa powder. Serve immediately.
For further information, please visit fatto.com.au.