RECIPE: Jacqui Challinor's BBQ spatchcock with chermoula, charred baby cos, and sheep's milk yoghurt
As part of our Next Generation Recipe Den, head chef of Sydney's Nomad, Jacqui Challinor, shares with us her recipe for BBQ spatchcock with chermoula, charred baby cos, and sheep's milk yoghurt.
JACQUI CHALLINOR'S BBQ SPATCHCOCK WITH CHERMOULA, CHARRED BABY COS, AND SHEEP’S MILK YOGHURT
1 x 600 g spatchcock, butterflied
1 head baby cos
100 g sheep's milk yoghurt
1/2 clove garlic, minced
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml extra virgin olive oil
1/4 bunch parsley with some stem
1/4 bunch coriander with some stem
50 g red onion
1 clove garlic
45 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ras el hanout
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
- For the chermoula, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz to a fine paste.
- Coat the the spatchcock with the chermoula and allow to marinate.
- For the sheep’s milk yoghurt, combine the yoghurt, 20 ml lemon juice, 20 ml olive oil, garlic and season to taste. Set aside.
- Barbeque the spatchcock until it reaches an internal temperature of 65°C, then allow to rest. In this time, quarter the baby cos before washing it and flashing it on the barbeque until it starts to wilt. Dress with remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and season to taste.
- Quarter spatchcock and divide the between two plates. Add the cos and daub of sheep’s milk yoghurt to the side. Finish with half a lime.