Chef Colin Fassnidge to head OzHarvest's 2019 CEO CookOff
OzHarvest’s flagship fundraiser, CEO CookOff, returns next year to Sydney’s Royal Hall of Industries with chef Colin Fassnidge leading the charge.
Locked in for Monday March 25, the event will see 150 business leaders and corporate teams create a three-course meal for 1,500 vulnerable guest, with each team guided by a top, Australian chef.
And as an OzHarvest ambassador, Fassnidge is calling all CEOs and corporate teams to register early, revealing that the first 50 that do will enjoy an exclusive dinner at OzHarvest HQ cooked by himself and Manu Feildel.
OzHarvest founder and CEO, Ronni Kahn, has been thrilled to see the impact that the CEO CookOff has had on those in need.
Indeed, since launching in 2012, the CEO CookOff has raised over $9 million.
“The CEO CookOff offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate leadership with compassion and purpose, and to break bread with some of the most vulnerable people in our community," says Kahn.
"With over 3 million people in Australia experiencing food insecurity each year, this event allows the business world to address this serious issue which often goes unseen.”
Fassnidge has been involved with the CEO CookOff ever since the beginning.
“The vibe in the kitchen is great, but the true magic of the night is cooking for and serving guests who you know are doing it tough," he says.
"I love seeing their faces light up as they enjoy some delicious food with friends and forget their troubles for a few hours.
"Even better, the event raises money for OzHarvest, and next year we’re looking at raising $3 million to help us deliver 6 million meals back to those in need.”
Last year the top individual fundraiser was Merchant Group’s managing director, Andrew Chapman, who raised over $300,000, while corporate teams PwC and BP both raised more than $100,000 each.
To register or for more information, please visit ceocookoff.com.au.