Australia's best Christmas hams ranked
Australian Pork scoured the country with judges Fleischmeister Horst Schurger and chefs Simon Bestley and Darren Smith to find the best hams for Christmas this year.
They assessed the appearance, taste and aroma of 155 hams across the country.
Top honours this year were awarded to Pattemore’s Meats in Queensland. Judges described the ham as being “very neat, with a perfect internal appearance, and excellent flavour and balance”.
“All bone-in hams are guaranteed to be made from 100% Australian pork, so you’ll also be supporting our farmers,” says Australian Pork Limited’s Marketing and Communications Manager, Mitch Edwards.
The full list of winners pinpointed butchers and smokers largely from the east coast.
Pattemore’s Meats, Alexandra Hills, Queensland for their bone-in ham.
1. Pattemore’s Meats, Alexandra Hills, Queensland
2. Noosa Meat Centre, Noosaville, Queensland
3. Sunshine Meats, Milperra, New South Wales
1. German Butchery, Bexley, New South Wales
2. Barkly Smokehouse, Thornbury, Victoria
3. Meatways Butchery, Kambah, Australian Capital Territory