#50BestTalks: Chefs from The World’s 50 Best Restaurants live on stage
The World's 50 Best Restaurants is heading to Melbourne in April. And to celebrate, many of the visiting culinary superstars will take part in live theatre shows in Sydney and Melbourne.
Commentator and ABC presenter, Annabel Crabb will host both #50BestTalks events. The first on Saturday April 1 at Sydney Opera House, and the second on Monday April 3 at Melbourne’s Margaret Court Arena.
Appearing on the stage at Sydney Opera House will be:
- Massimo Bottura from Osteria Francescana, Italy (World’s #1 Restaurant 2016)
- Dominique Crenn from Atelier Crenn, San Francisco (World’s Best Female Chef 2016)
- Peter Gilmore from Quay Restaurant, Sydney (World’s #98 Restaurant 2016)
- Brett Graham from The Ledbury, London (World’s #14 Restaurant 2016)
Graham says, “I am thrilled to be returning home to be a part of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants event program - what an amazing way to shine the spotlight on Australia and its world-class dining scene.
"To share the stage with Dominique, Massimo and one of my best mates Peter Gilmore is a huge honour and I look forward to hearing what they have to say, learning from them and sharing with the audience what we do here at The Ledbury and a little about my journey as a chef.”
Appearing on stage in Melbourne will be:
- Daniel Humm from Eleven Madison Park, New York (World’s #3 Restaurant 2016)
- Will Guidara from Eleven Madison Park, New York (World’s #3 Restaurant 2016)
- Jordi Roca from El Celler de Can Roca (World’s #1 Restaurant 2015; World’s Best Pastry Chef 2014)
- Gaggan Anand from Gaggan, Bangkok (Asia’s #1 Restaurant)
- Grant Achatz from Alinea, Chicago (World’s #15 Restaurant)
Roca says, “I am very excited to be coming to Melbourne and to be taking part in #50BestTalks. It will be a great opportunity to share with the Australian people the way we understand restaurants and hospitality.”
The event runs for 90 minutes.
Tickets start from $30 for general admission. VIP tickets include a one hour, post-event meet-and-greet and canapes.