Winners of the 2018 Nestlé Professional Women in Foodservice Awards revealed
Foodservice is proud to present the winners of the Nestlé Professional Women in Foodservice Awards.
Taking place on Wednesday September 12 at Melbourne restaurant Aerial, as part of Fine Food Australia, the Nestlé Professional Women in Foodservice Awards are all about identifying and celebrating excellence, success and outstanding contributions.
Now into its second year, foodservice founded the awards as a means of bridging a gap.
We felt that a significant section of the Australian foodservice and hospitality industry was perhaps not getting the recognition it deserved.
We wanted to create a platform by which to acknowledge the many talented, energetic and driven women disrupting the status quo and shaping the future of the industry.
With a 15 per cent increase in entries, to just under 500 from around the country, it was a huge undertaking by our judging panel, made up of chef and television presenter Christine Manfield, columnist and co-Director of Australia's Top Restaurants Jill Dupleix, and editor of foodservice magazine Anita Connors, to decide on the winners and finalists on the six categories.
“It’s a thrill for to see how the awards have grown,” says Connors.
"It has been a privilege to learn about the many individual achievements of the women working in foodservice across Australia.
“Ours really is a rich and diverse industry, teeming with successful, dedicated and creative women who through boldness and initiative are building great businesses and shaping the future of the industry.
“And the Nestlé Professional Women in Foodservice Awards is a true celebration of this spirit."
The Nestlé Professional Women in Foodservice Awards would not have been possible with the help of Fine Food Australia, Inspired by Australian Pork, Porkstar, William Angliss Institute, Stoddart and gold sponsor, Nestlé Professional.
NESTLÉ PROFESSIONAL WOMEN IN FOODSERVICE AWARDS
FOODSERVICE OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD
WINNER: Patrice Noble, restaurant manager, The Bridge Room (NSW)
- Angela Poulter, owner, My Little Country Kitchen (VIC)
- Kate Christensen, sommelier, Franklin (TAS)
PORKSTAR RESTAURANT MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD
WINNER: Sharon Romeo, owner and restaurant manager, Fino Seppeltsfield (SA)
- Belinda Seager, restaurant manager, San Telmo (VIC)
- Tasha Forgan, restaurant manager, Supernormal (VIC)
WILLIAM ANGLISS INSTITUTE RISING STAR AWARD
WINNER: Grace Watson, 25, co-founder and director, Zeitgeist Group
- Isabelle Bach, 23, owner and baker, Proof is in the Pudding (VIC)
- Natasha Burnett, 28, head chef, Marion (VIC)
STODDART CHEF OF THE YEAR AWARD
WINNER: Jo Barrett, co-executive chef, Oakridge (VIC)
- Emma McCaskill, head chef, The Pot by Emma McCaskill (SA)
- Christy Tania, owner and head pastry chef, Glace Frozen (VIC)
FINE FOOD AUSTRALIA LEGEND OF THE INDUSTRY AWARD
WINNER: Alla Wolf-Tasker, culinary director, Lake House (VIC)
- Julie Cameron, co-owner and manager, Meredith Dairy (VIC)
- Lyndey Milan, director, Lyndey Milan Enterprises / Flame Media (NSW)
NESTLÉ PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP IN FOODSERVICE AWARD
WINNER: Lisa Margan, owner, Margan Restaurant (NSW)
- Anni Brownjohn, managing director, Ozganics Australia Pty Ltd (NSW)
- Karen Doyle, president / program manager, Australian Culinary Federation / Le Cordon Bleu Australia (NSW)
Read about all 18 women in the September issue of foodservice magazine.
The Nestlé Professional Women in Foodservice Awards will return next year.